Thursday, April 26, 2007

afh4's survey.

1. What is your all time favorite Nora Ephron film?

The first time my family got a video camera that took those small tapes (you know, the small ones) we got three free small tape movies with it. There was this big catalog and we had to pick out which small tape movies we wanted and the selection was bizarre. It must've been limited by studio or something, plus by the fact that the movie had to have been published on small tape technology.

Well, I don't remember the other two but one of the small tape movies was the small tape version of My Blue Heaven with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin.

In order to watch this small tape movie, we would have to hook up the small tape camcorder to the regular tape VCR using some kind of cable and then play the small tape movie through the small tape camcorder. Only then could you watch it on television. I did this approximately 100 times before I graduated high school, each time watching the small tape version of My Blue Heaven. I've only met a handful of people who've ever even heard of My Blue Heaven.

So, yeah. My Blue Heaven.




Ahh, fuck it. Who am I trying to kid? When Harry Met Sally.

2. Suppose you are curled up and just chilling- would you be snacking on: chips/salsa, ice cream, or apples with peanut butter?

chips/salsa.

3. What is going on with Drew Barrymore?

Drew Barrymore irritates me. A lot. She's only famous because she was famous when she was little and because girls think she is cute. I've never met a single guy who thinks Drew Barrymore is attractive yet she keeps getting cast in romantic comedies because girls think she is pretty. F that-if I have to sit through 50 First Dates at least let one of the female contributors from this blog be in it.

4. Who do you most identify with in Steel Magnolias? Miss Truvy, Annelle, Clairee, Shelby,or Ouiser (weezer)?

Miss Truvy.

5. Veronica Mars or Twin Peaks?

Miss Truvy.

6. Favorite place to eat in the state of Virginia?

Ok, this question was planted for me. It's the Mill Street Grill in Staunton, VA. I probably ate there once a week growing up and I've had nearly everything that was on the menu at that time. Plus, the butter is always a different flavor and there are three different kinds of bread, all baked together in this little bowl.

I am salivating thinking about it; plus, it was one of the only places in town that would hire gay people, so the waitstaff was great.

7. Cartoons for adults- yay or nay?

Nay, nay, nay.

8. What was one of your favorite hobbies when you were a kid that you would never participate in now?

I played that game Magic: The Gathering for about 6 weeks because I have a very nerdy brother who was into it. He got me into it so he could use my best cards (like "Icy Manipulator") to defeat his opponents. Obviously, I would never do that now.

Also, I did actual magic tricks for about 6 weeks when I was about 11. I would never do that now. I hate magic-it infuriates me because I know it's basically a drawn out lie.

I was also in the Boy Scouts and I wouldn't do that now.

9. Favorite hot dog condiment?

Cheese.

10. When you aren't chilling, would you choose basketball, baseball, or racquetball?

To play: Basketball
To watch: Baseball
Court on which to throw a party: Racquetball.

11. If you had to choose one HMPV contributor to plan a chillfest for you-including the environment, movies/tv, and eats- who would you pick and what type of chillfest do you think they would plan?

I pick KP and assume that the chillfest will involve Jeffrey the Dog.



12. America's Next Top Model (ANTM) vs. Search for the Next Pussycat Doll- which one is more addictive?

I've watched some ANTM and none of this Pussycat Doll search. Top Chef and PRunway are both way more addictive and way better.

13. Favorite Wes Anderson created character?

Tennis Announcer 1: That's 72 unforced errors for Richie Tenebaum. He's playing the worst tennis of his life. What's he feeling right now?

Tennis Announcer 2: I don't know, Jim. There's obviously something wrong with him. He's taken off his shoes and one of his socks and... actually, I think he's crying.

14. Did you do your own taxes this year? If not, who did? How much was your refund?

No. My Dad. Like 450 dollars.

15. Did you want to be named something else when you were younger? What?

Yeah. I wanted a really "cool" name like Spike or Dragon or something. I used to get in these pretty big fights with my mom when I was about 7 or 8 where I would scream at her about not being named like Chain or Flame or something.

16. Who is your favorite founding father?

It's a huge toss-up. I'm a big, big fan of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Hamilton. Ultimately, though, I'm VA bred, so it's TJ.

He was probably the second smartest (behind Hamilton) and probably the tallest (by half an inch over Washington). That's a pretty good combo considering that Hamilton was the shortest and Washington the dumbest.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Dear Andrew,

Mill Street Grill is my sister's favorite restaurant, too. She loves the peppermint ice cream they give you at the end. Once, she asked if it was homemade or whatever. The waitress said, "Uhh...I'm pretty sure we buy it at Walmart." Hahaha

Also, here is a link to a video about George Washington: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCNrf0IH_U . I think it's creepy, but Corey and Brian Piper dissolve into hysteria when they watch it. Perhaps it's a boy thing? Or a Piper DNA thing.

Sincerely,
Taylor

afh4 said...

I've seen that Washington clip. I think it's pretty funny but I don't dissolve.

I love that ice cream; it's a palette cleanser! Very upscale for nowhere, Virginia.

Blimp said...

I can't believe you haven't seen Steel Magnolias! Crazy.

kp said...

i'm flattered by your chillfest option. i didn't even see that until after i posted my thing. for some reason i thought kyle's Q+A post was the first. guess we're meant to have a chillfest soon.