Friday, April 27, 2007

This thing took me forty minutes!

1. What is your all time favorite Nora Ephron film?

When Harry Met Sally, or as I like to call it, The Only Movie In Which Meg Ryan is Annoying in An Endearing Way, and Not Just in a Really Fucking Stupid, Trying-too-Hard-to-be-Cute-and-Spunky Kind of Way.

2. Suppose you are curled up and just chilling- would you be snacking on: chips/salsa, ice cream, or apples with peanut butter?

Definitely apples with peanut butter. I love peanut butter almost as much as Jeffrey, KP's "Wonder Pooch."

3. What is going on with Drew Barrymore?

Besides a voice flatter than a freshly ground tortilla? And acting skills on par with a wood block?

4. Who do you most identify with in Steel Magnolias? Miss Truvy, Annelle, Clairee, Shelby,
or Ouiser (weezer)?

I don't remember much about that movie despite watching it every day of my girlhood, so I'm going to go with Ouiser (I'm intrigued by the spelling).

5. Veronica Mars or Twin Peaks?

VM!

6. Favorite place to eat in the state of Virginia?

The sandwiches at Take-it-Away haunt my every waking hour...but the best place to sit down and eat is Arties. That chicken paillard! Girl, don't even get me started.

7. Cartoons for adults- yay or nay?

Pura vida.

8. What was one of your favorite hobbies when you were a kid that you would never participate in now?

I used to think it was clever to smash my softball coach's cigarette packs when she wasn't looking. She'd leave them on the bleacher and I'd smash them, as if that would somehow teach her that it would behoove her health to stop smoking. But I stopped after she found a smashed pack on the ground once and yelled out to her daughter, who was playing first base, "You do that again I'll smack you!"

I also used to steal my grandma's cigarette packs and replace the cigarettes with rolled up pieces of paper that said things like, "JUST SAY NO!" or "YOU'LL GET CANCER!" I seriously envisioned us bonding over it, her confessing that she'd been wanting to quit for years and I, her eight year old granddaughter, had finally convinced her to do it, us both crying, etc. But she found them and just looked puzzled, and then took a fresh pack from her purse.

9. Favorite hot dog condiment?

Ketchup.

10. When you aren't chilling, would you choose basketball, baseball, or racquetball?

Dude, who thought of this question? It's not clear at all. Baseball to watch. Basketball to play. Is that what you're asking? COME ON.

11. If you had to choose one HMPV contributor to plan a chillfest for you-including the environment, movies/tv, and eats- who would you pick and what type of chillfest do you think they would plan?

Kiks! She'd know to incorporate the necessities: light, entertaining movies/shows on DVD, alchohol, and weird foods like Cheerios cereal bars.

12. America's Next Top Model (ANTM) vs. Search for the Next Pussycat Doll- which one is more addictive?

Since I've never seen either, I say pura vida.

13. Favorite Wes Anderson created character?

"Yes that's true--but I've been out to sea for a long time."

14. Did you do your own taxes this year? If not, who did? How much was your refund?

My dad. I don't know yet. Probably, like, nine dollars.

15. Did you want to be named something else when you were younger? What?

No story I could tell beats my friend Carlos's story about his desire to be named Burning Key Car, as in the Hot Wheels mini-car, when he was four.

16. Who is your favorite founding father?

Whoever delivered the hardest spankings.

4 comments:

Blimp said...

DUDE. Where is the love for You've got mail!?

afh4 said...

Hardest spankings? hahahhaha.

Smash = Poster of the Week.

kp said...

i'm laughing so motherfudgin hard at the cigarette story. why'd you give that carton crushing hobby up, anyway?

kp said...

i'm still laughing